The Labourer is responsible for assisting the Carpenters in completing their assigned tasks. He/she is expected to assist with the delivery of materials to the building site(s), maintain a clean and safe work site(s), 0perate all equipment in a safe and efficient way, dispose of garbage, operate basic hand tools such as saws, shovels, rakes, etc, operate basic power tools such as saws, pneumatic nailers, etc. The Labourer at times may have to interact with residents and members of the public in a courteous and friendly manner.
The Labourer has a physically strenuous and demanding job. He/she will be lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects. The Labourer will have to work in all weather, and must be prepared for both wind, rain, cold and heat.
In addition, the incumbent must be honest, trustworthy and respectful.
- Knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Client service and public interaction skills
- Can effectively work in a team atmosphere
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Ability to communicate
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Can take direction.